Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Week 36 with 4 days

Yay! I just reached full term! NST was ok, and OB-GYN asked me to go to Labor & Delivery, again, to monitor my blood pressure and baby. Spent the afternoon at the hospital, the blood pressure came down, and they did all the tests that I already had done at the clinic... I REALLY don't get it. They wanted me to stay at the hospital to uncover the mistery of why my sugars seem fine but the 24s shows up I'm uncontrolled... And that would make my life better, how? So, signed the paper to get out and came back home.

I don't get these people... The paranoia on everything and trying to find the big thing that is so wrong with me is quite unnerving. Right now, at week 36 with 4 days, the main concern should simply be two facts:

1- Baby is breached. Sitting there looking pretty, moving sideways and a lot... Labor must be avoided (duh), C-section is highly recommended (well, it has been scheduled for the 23rd anyway).

2- Plenty of amniotic fluid means I can break water anytime as my uterus is very strained. With that the concern is the cord coming out as well. So, at any sign of water breaking, or labor, a run to the hospital is mandatory (funny thing is that common sense says that it is something mandatory anyway)...

Next week I have a full growth sonogram on the 15th. I'll be 37 weeks with 4 days... My personal opinion, do the C-section by the end of next week. Kali is already full term and eager to get out. They should not wait for me to go into labor, many reasons for that. So... Let's see just how much more I can waddle and keep Kali inside. I feel she is ready. I know it. It is just the whole extreme testing poking and probing that they do here that is beyond ridiculous...

The baby has not caused me any high blood pressure. I only get it whenever I have to prowl the stupid surroundings of our dwelling (because they are NOT safe, and yes they make me VERY afraid especially since I must go on the prowl alone). And whenever I see the OB-GYN, who doesn't believe anything I tell her. Our family's high stress situation (both with SMA, housing and job hunting) should have been factors X, Y, Z when claiming I have high blood pressure! Along with the facts that I only show it at the stupid clinic...

This place is not my ambiance, and being forced to deal with people that have no manners or consideration and that are aggressive and stupid all the time REALLY doesn't help. At least I know that it will all be over in 2 more weeks. I hope Kali holds her horses and waits... or that the C-section is re-scheduled for the end of next week.

Now what do you think of that...

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment